District Council 46/Local 1671 (Thunder Bay, Ontario) glazier Andre Pellerin has been giving back to his community in an amazing way. For the past three years, Brother Pellerin has been competing in strongman competitions throughout Canada to help raise money for a variety of charities. For those who are unfamiliar with the sport, it involves lifting odd-shaped objects and heavy amounts of weight. Pellerin trains in the gym five days per week to prepare for these competitions. His hard work and dedication to the sport has paid off, as he is now Canada’s second best amateur strongman.
Throughout 2016, Andre competed in a number of strongman competitions. Below is a list of the competitions he competed in, as well as the supporting charities:
- Thunder Bay Classic, February 2016 – Friends of the Olivia Foundation
- Strongman Demonstration, February 2016 – Thunder Bay Humane Society
- Strongman Fundraiser, June 2016 – Stronger Together, in Memory of Breanne Corbett
- CAASA Provincial Competition, August 2016 – Big Brothers and Sisters Of Hastings and Prince Edward County
- Motors and Muscles, September 2016 – Our Kids Count
“I am very fortunate to be able to work full time as a glazier and have the opportunity to give back to the community in a sport that I love!, Pellerin told the Journal.